Date(s) - 09/Dec/23
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
– Grandmaster Sam Chin –
Hon. Professor Emeritus, Gatekeeper of I Liq Chuan:
The Martial Art of Awareness, and Founder of Zhong Xin Dao
1-day seminar/workshop in Philadelphia, PA
— Observing Mind, Observing Body:
Refining the Process of Balancing—
Introduction to and deeper understanding of how the philosophy, concepts, and principles create the platform for training one’s self–the Nature of Mind and Mindfulness of the Body.
- Understanding that we are adjusting the SUBJECT (your SELF/Mind) not the object–that’s why balancing is within, not something ‘outside’ or external that you focus on.
- Understanding why the 5 platforms are important…why we start with the 6 senses and how we are a receiver (how all works through reflection)
- Recognizing why we must be clear, theoretically about WHY the nature of mind works this way, for if training doesn’t start from here, the learning is all wrong.
- Realizing that if you can be clear enough to where you are training, how you are training, and why you are training, then you will be able to ‘be with’ the present moment—which is what allows you to ‘know’ directly the moment that keeps on changing.
- Seeing how the 4 Mindfulnesses inform ZXD training: Feeling the Body, The Mind, the Feelings, the Conditions
Participants will be oriented to the process of Zhong Xin Dao’ (cultivating the neutral path), refine their attention on their attention, improve their awareness of Vertical and Horizontal opening & closing while using 2 energies to hold a plane, and get clearer on using the ross as the Intersection of 3Dimensions with the 3Three Engagements.
Cabrini University – Dixon Center in the Nerney Fieldhouse
(2nd Floor Aerobic studio, room 209)
$120 USD for members
$130 for non-members
$60 half day
Parking is free in Dixon Center lot. Feel free to bring your own bottled water and lunch if you’d like. Open to all levels–including beginners.
*Cabrini students, faculty, and staff may wish to attend opening lecture (10:00am-11:00)
Lan Tran Lan.Tran@iliqchuan.com at 215-868-0419
Nancy Watterson firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions for GPS: “1300 Upper Gulph Road, Wayne PA”. – as you drive in, past the guard house, you will make the first right turn into the Dixon Center’s parking lot (parking is free). (Workshop is about 10 minutes from the King of Prussia mall) Seminar/Workshop will be located in the Dixon Center GYM, upstairs on 2 nd floor,
beyond the elliptical machines in Aerobic Studio (room 209) (Bldg. 6 on the Campus
The front of the bldg., aka Nerney Field House,. entrance looks like this: https://www.cabrini.edu/about/visit/campus-map/dixon-center.
*FREE PARKING: in the Dixon Center lot – Parking Lot B on the map above. (Enter the gym’s main entrance and head toward the check-in desk (you do not need to show ID); go up the central stairs behind the desk and follow signs to the right, past fitness equipment, to the large aerobics studio, room 209, on the 2 nd floor).
You may bring your own lunch to each downstairs in the lobby area or travel to local restaurants in Radnor, Wayne, or at the King of Prussia mall.
Log in if you already have an account with us.