Date(s) - 18/Feb/22 - 21/Feb/22
Hyatt House Fishkill
Workshop Topic: TBA
Gradings will be conducted on Sunday night.
Keeping everyone safe…
Covid screening: Please provide proof of negative Covid testing taken within 3 days of the event. Or recent certificate of recovery within the last 3 months of the retreat. If you have troubles providing this, please contact us.
US residents can order free test kits here or buy on your own and get reimbursed by your insurance (per ABC news). Make sure you follow the steps properly and get the right samples as instructed.
Alcohol sprays will be provided for sanitation prior entering the event hall.
Positive cases in Dutches county is around 300 cases as of 1/20/22 and is dropping by the day. If we can do our part and show that we are testing negative, we can all train more at ease.
Register and book your hotel room at Hyatt, no obligation! Cancel up until the 48 hours prior to the event if you are unable to travel due to health reasons or travel restrictions.
Steps to register:
- Everyone must complete the RSVP FORM
- Submit your deposit by booking the event at the bottom of this page
- If pay by check:
a. Complete the RSVP FORM
b. Indicate in check notes that it’s for the “2022 Feb. Intensive”
c. Check payable to “Sam Chin” or “I Liq Chuan”
d. Bring your check to the event.
- Book your hotel room with Hyatt after Mon 1/24 under the “Martial Art – I Liq Chuan” group to receive discounted rates. The hotel may still be setting up the block.
This event is open to MEMBERS ONLY (Please either join or renew your membership at least 2 weeks prior to event to ensure that it is up to date). ALL levels are welcomed.
Workshop rates in USD:
- $335 Full Workshop
- $235 Two Days
- $135 Single Day
- Discounts: If you are registered to participate at the Intensive for the full duration, your spouse will receive 50% discount if he/she also registered to participate for the full intensive.
Please be in full uniform for the entire duration of the Intensive. We will have them available for sale at the event if you need.
- Friday to Sunday 10:00 to 5:00PM
(2/16 update: Friday to Sunday schedule may run until 6PM with lunch break from 1-3PM)
- Monday 9:30 to 1:00PM
We are hosting this event at the Hyatt House Fishkill
All rooms are sold out at the hotel including our negotiated room block. Please check nearby hotels.
Negotiated Group Rates per night / room, plus tax:
Standard King or Double Queen : $119 Sold Out
One Bedroom Suite : $129 Sold Out
Two Bedroom Suite : $229 Sold Out
If you do not need a roommate, feel free to contact the hotel directly to book your room after Mon 1/24 under the Martial Art – I Liq Chuan rooming block. Or book directly online by clicking HERE to access our block.
We reserved rooms in our block based on the response submitted earlier to gauge interests in the event. Once the room are fully booked from our block, there will be no guarantee that you can get the same rates. Currently the hotel is at 90% occupancy. Please book your rooms soon!
If you wish to be matched with a roommate, do not book your own room! We will be submitting a list to the hotel with names. Please indicate it in the RSVP FORM and we will try our best to match you with a roommate.
- New York Stewart Int’l Airport (SWF) is the closest airport to the hotel. Other airports located in NYC includes LGA, JFK, and EWR.
Getting there from Manhattan
- Take Metro-North from Grand Central (Hudson, East Line) to Beacon. Link here for schedules and fares: http://as0.mta.info/mnr/schedules/sched_form.cfm
- It takes no more than 15 minutes from the train station to the hotel. The hotel recommends Empire Taxi, and listed several other options as well on their site. Please feel free to let us know your expected arrival schedule so we can try to coordinate other passengers for you to share rides with.
- Beacon Taxi Service (to hotel)
Empire: (845) 831-4444
- Poughkeepsie taxi service (to Master Sam Chin’s residence at Pleasant Valley)
B & B Taxi: (845) 704-7000
Del-Roy Taxi: (845) 452-1222
Bookings are closed for this event.